The Scary LionThe Scary Lion (with Big, Scary Teeth) is one of the two characters in the The Lion And Bear Sketch. He is shown to be an antagonist due to the fact he chases the Bear in the very spooky chase scene at the end on the original sketch. He is a very intimidating and very frightening monster in the original sketch. But in the edited sketch, he retains a much more humourous, jolly, and friendly personality. He is very scary in the original sketch as he made the Teletubbies scream and his roar so loud it makes clouds move and trees in Teletubbyland shake (which usually happens in an earthquake) in the infamous part where the Lion is coming after the Bear hides. In the edited sketch, his face still is creepy close up, but he is much more humourous, jolly, and friendly like a hyena (in 1 or 2 scenes on and off) as he speaks in a much more funny friendly sounding voice like Harry Hill on helium or Mr Lopart from Handy Manny (in 1 or 2 scenes on and off) and he has a very funny joker like attitude with his very funny "Meow!" Lions can't say "Meow!" in real life. He speaks with a Yorkshire or Lancashire-like accent. He is voiced by Eric Sykes. (1923-2012)
Appearance: Yellow Lion. Wooden, yellow body with brown eyes, tiny ears, larger brown nose, a mechanical mouth, long legs, blue skateboard, white teeth, brown/black claws
Friends: Bear with Brown Fuzzy Hair, Teletubbies(in edited sketch).
Enemies: Bear with Brown Fuzzy Hair (Original Sketch), Teletubbies (Original Sketch)
Hobbies: Playing hide and seek with the Bear.
In foreign dubs of the sketch, the Lion has been given many different types of voices:
- French - The French Lion speaks in a very deep voice.
- Italian - The Italian Lion speaks a deep and slightly jolly sounding voice.
- Dutch - The Dutch Lion speaks in a slighly scary but cheerful voice and also laughs a lot.
- Flemish - The Flemish Lion speaks in a very deep and scary voice, sounding like a has a sore throat.
- German - The German Lion has two different voices. From See-Saw to Irish Dancing. He has an incredibly vicious roar and speaks in an intimidating voice. Then from Dentist onwards, his voice changed, his roar sounds very like Chewbaca from Star Wars and he speaks in a less intimidating.
- Swedish - The Swedish Lion speaks in a deep ans slightly scary sounding voice.
- Polish - The Polish Lion also has two different voices. From See-Saw to Becky and Jed Finding Eggs. The Lion has a deep scary voice. Then from Irish Dancing onwards, the Lion has a deep but less scary sounding voice.
- Czech - The Czech Lion speaks in slightly deep but jolly voice.
- Finnish - The Finnish Lion has a very vicious roar and speaks in a deep scary voice.
- Arabic - The Arabic Lion speaks in a deep but not very scary sounding voice.
- Brazilian - The Brazilian Lion speaks in a loud, deep, intimidating voice.
- Lithuanian - The Lithuanian Lion speaks in a deep voice, but doesn't really have a good roar.
- Chinese - The Chinese Lion has definitely the most scariest voice. His roar is extremely vicious and he speaks in a very deep and scary voice.
- Japanese - The Japanese Lion has a very loud and scary roar, and he speaks in deep and intimidating voice.
- Hebrew - The Hebrew Lion speaks in a deep and slightly scary voice.
- Icelandic - The Icelandic Lion speaks in a deep intimidating voice.
- Slovak - The Slovak Lion is probably the worst in terms of dialogue. His voice is deep and intimating, but he also talks far too much. Just after the Bear hides, he starts roaring right after the Teletubbies say 'shhhh'. Then when he's supposed to roar all around Teletubbyland he just talks.