The Jumping Dance is the first of the dances that the Teletubbies do in the show.
It was first shown in the episode Our Pig Winnie. This dance shows the Teletubbies dancing on a hill. They jump around to the music and walk around and jump, towards the end Po walks a different way than Tinky Winky Dipsy and Laa Laa then she walks over towards Tinky Winky and each Teletubby does their own jump, Tinky Winky ends the dance by falling over and rolling away while Dipsy, Laa Laa and Po laugh and say Bye Bye to Tinky Winky.
The Jumping Dance appears in some various episodes:
- Our Pig Winnie
- Humpty Dumpty (extended version)
- Swimming with Stephanie (extended version)
- Ned's Potatoes (extended version)
- Dance with the Teletubbies (extended version)
- Washing Up
- Irish Dancing
- Long Horns
- Feeding Baby Penguins
- Grass Hoppers
- Let's Dance
- Happy Birthday DVD (From Irish Dancing)
- In the original version of the dance, when Tinky Winky does his jump, he falls over and then gets back up and they all jump around together but then he falls and rolls away and the dance ends. This only happened in Humpty Dumpty, Swimming with Stephanie, Ned's Potatoes and Dance With The Teletubbies. In the other episodes with the dance, he falls over and rolls to the bottom of the hill, while the other Teletubbies say goodbye to him.
- Later on in the series, a second version of the dance was shot which showed the Teletubbies dancing on the path near the Windmill. It first appeared in the episode Washing Up. This is the only dance or even anything in Teletubbies that has a second version of it.
- The second version has 2 alternate endings. The first one is Tinky Winky rolling away while we see a close up shot of Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Po laughing and saying Bye-Bye to him (as the dance usually ends). The second one shows them laughing at a different angle, then the camera moves back to reveal Tinky Winky sneaking behind them, then he shouts 'Eh-Oh' and runs back down to them and the Windmill starts spinning.
- The Second version is common with Lion and Bear episodes.
- After the dance finishes in Feeding Baby Penguins, the Magic Windmill stops spinning for Tubby Bye Bye