The Jumping Dance is the first of the dances that the Teletubbies do in the show.
It was first shown in the episode Our Pig Winnie. This dance shows the Teletubbies dancing on a hill. They jump around to the music and walk around and jump, towards the end Po walks a different way than Tinky Winky Dipsy and Laa Laa then she walks over towards Tinky Winky and each Teletubby does their own jump, Tinky Winky ends the dance by falling over and rolling away while Dipsy, Laa Laa and Po laugh and say Bye Bye to Tinky Winky.
The Jumping Dance appears in some various episodes:
- Our Pig Winnie (boo shouter was Dipsy)
- Humpty Dumpty extended (boo shouter was Tinky Winky)
- Swimming with Stephanie (boo shouter was Laa-Laa)
- Tweet Tweet (US Version) (boo shouter was Dipsy)
- Ned's Potatoes (boo shouter was Po)
- Butterfly (boo shouter was Po)
- Little Red Riding Hood
- Dance with the Teletubbies extended (boo shouter was Po)
- Jumping (US version) (boo shouter was Laa-Laa)
- Washing Up (boo shouter was Dipsy)
- Irish Dancing (boo shouters: Laa-Laa in UK, Po in US)
- Tulips (boo shouter was Tinky Winky)
- Long Horns (boo shouter was Tinky Winky)
- Feeding Baby Penguins (boo shouter was Tinky Winky)
- Fancy Dress (US Version)
- Grass Hoppers (boo shouter was Tinky Winky)
- Fall Leaves
- Let's Dance (boo shouters were Laa-Laa and Tinky Winky)
- Happy Birthday Dvd
- Sometimes when Tinky Winky does his jump he falls over and then gets back up and they all jump around together but then he falls and rolls away and the dance ends.
- Later on in the series, a second version of the dance was shot which showed the Teletubbies dancing on the path near the Windmill. It first appeared in the episode Washing Up. This is the only dance or even anything in Teletubbies that has a second version of it.
- The Second version is common with Lion and Bear episodes.
- After the dance finishes in Feeding Baby Penguins, the Magic Windmill stops spinning for Tubby Bye Bye