The Helicopter is A Teletubbies episode, This episode first aired on April 24, 1997.
|Series 01, Episode 19|
|Air Date||April 24, 1997|
|Previous||Feeding The Chickens|
Po plays with the levers and buttons on the control panel inside the Tubbytronic Superdome. Just then she suddenly sees The Magic Windmill spinning. The Teletubbies watch Sam have a ride in a helicopter from Penzance to the Scilly Isles. Back in Teletubbyland, Laa-Laa goes out to play with her ball. She bounces it and then throws it. But she accidentally gets it stuck up a tree. Laa Laa tries to jump up and reach it, but she isn't tall enough to reach her ball Dipsy tries to reach the ball, but he isn't tall enough either.
Even Tinky Winky isn't tall enough to reach the ball even when he tries to. Laa-Laa feels very sad because she can't reach her ball. But however, Po thinks she can reach the ball, even though she is the smallest Teletubby of all. She borrows Tinky Winky's bag, spins it around, and releases it. The bag hits the ball and it falls out of the tree. Laa Laa is overjoyed to have her ball back when she is happy and feels better, Tinky Winky gets his bag back and the Teletubbies and the narrator say: "Clever Po!" Then suddenly, the Magic Windmill starts spinning again. The Teletubbies rush off to watch the Magic Event. The Three Magic Ships sail through Teletubbyland. The water then goes down the drain and the Magic Windmill stops spinning. The "Tubby Bye-Bye" sequence takes place.
Featuring: Barry & Sam Philpott
- In the Scene where Po plays at the Control Panel, there are four coloured hands where the Tubby Sponges would be and some different lights in the middle of the Control Panel.
- When the Teletubbies go and watch the Three Ships, the Baby Sun scene is missing.
- This episode also includes A rare animation of the Windmill.
- A fade effect is used after The Three Ships Magical Event. The fade transitions to the Magic Windmill about to stop spinning.
- In the Italian version the helicopter door shutting sound can be heard. This is absent in the english version.
- This is the first time that Tinky Winky,Dipsy and Laa Laa laugh at Po for being small,The second time was Playing With Dough In The Giant Tubby Toast
- The helicopters in the TV Transmission are the British International G-BCEB and the British International G-BFFJ
- Dipsy was the "Boo!" Shouter
- Laa Laa was the missing teletubby
- When Laa Laa realizes that she can't reach the ball, she says "Bibblycheese!".
- Tinky Winky would have actually been able to get Laa-Laa's ball out of the tree as he is 10 feet tall and the ball was actually in Tinky Winky's reach as he almost touched it.